Deciding whether or not to use a real estate agent when you buy or sell your next home is a question that you may have asked yourself in the past. If you are not sure if it would be beneficial to use a AGENT, maybe this article can help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and written by the National Association of Realtors implies that For Sale By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the common FSBO listing sold for $150,000 as the average agent assisted home sold for $215,000. While many people think that they are able to save time and money by selling the home by themselves, this is often not the case. In addition they usually don’t always understand the trials that come along with selling their house FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? Understanding the housing market and listing their house at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
? Having enough time to spend on all areas of the sale. This would be marketing the house, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails about the home, etc.
? Determining whether they should spend extra money to get ready or fix up the house.
? Selling the home within a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a home is typically the biggest investment most people can make within their lives. Whether you’re investing in a new home or selling your existing home, an agent can help protect your interests and potentially save a substantial amount of money. We have compiled a list of benefits for both the homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is usually not required to pay the true estate agent. When a real estate agent represents a house buyer on a purchase of a home, the commission earned by that agent is purchased by the seller of the home. The commission is removed from the sales price.
2. Real estate agents have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is a serviced provide to real estate agent that gives them probably the most up today info on homes that are for sale in your area.
This service is not open to everyone. With the MLS an agent can find out information regarding the home like, taxes, just how long it’s been listed, price changes, special features on the home etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the area. A real estate agent should be able to tell you about the neighborhood, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are available in the areas you are looking to purchase.
4. Agents learn how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a house can often get very hard. In today’s market it isn’t uncommon to require closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often real estate agents will be able to negotiate items in the house like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture into the sale of the house. Your real estate agents job is to ensure you get the best deal.
5. Agents keep carefully the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you’ll have a lot of tasks that need to be completed in a short period of time. Your agent will let you keep track and orchestrate all the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent is worth the commission. Once you actually consider everything your agent will do for you personally from the time they list the house to enough time it sells, the commission paid compared to that agent is usually money well spent. Often times an agent should be able to help you get your house sold much faster and for more income than you could have all on your own.
2. Agents understand the current housing market. Choose a realtor that lives locally. This agent will understand the neighborhood, home values, benefits of the region, and the local competition.
3. Agents discover how to sell your home. This is their job, and exactly like any other job should they don’t execute a good job they get fired. An agent is a professional and really should know what they’re doing. It is often smart to get an agents background prior to letting them sell your house. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in the forex market. Their job would be to attract buyers and sell the home.
4. Agents know what will make houses sell. Your agent will be able to give you advice on what could possibly be done to the home to get it sold quicker. home maintenance from staging the house to making minor repairs or upgrades.